Saturday, April 14, 2012

Am-Dram: Junior Edition -- It's Over!!!

Tonight was the last performance by Youngest Son's theatre group.  They did a really good job and no one forgot too many lines or had to ad-lib much.  Everything ran very well and I'm very proud of my little thespian.

I'm also incredibly proud of Youngest Son today because he had been selected months ago by his band instructor to attend the District Band Contest and perform a solo and in a sextet.  He's been really nervous about it and today was contest day.  The scoring scale they use is from 1 to 10 with 1 being the best.  You can earn a 1+ if you're really, really good.  Youngest Son received a 2+ on his trumpet solo, just barely missing the 1-level score.  He also received a 1 on his brass sextet's performance.  The only criticism given by the judge to the sextet was for the baritone player to remember to not overplay the French horn.  They did an awesome job!

Then in the afternoon, the rest of the band arrived to join those who were there for solos and ensembles and the entire concert band played two songs.  The group received a 1 rating for their performance.  Pretty good for a group that has never been to a big contest like that before!

At the moment, Youngest Son and Husband are at the Cast Party for the play.  I would go but I don't know the family well and am not sure how they'd feel about having Celeste at their house.  I have no problems going to public places because she's a service dog, but I don't like to just invite my shedding partner into someone's private home and there wasn't time to coordinate with them on whether or not they have pets, allergies, etc.

But that's okay -- I couldn't wait to get home to make this post!  I'm so very, very proud of Youngest Son.  It's been a really big day for him!

No comments:

Post a Comment