Friday, March 16, 2012

Yup, brain's still in there....

Finally home from across the state!! Had to go there with Husband again to have an ERG and an MRI and the ophthalmologist wanted them done where he was so he'd be sure to get the results quickly.

The ERG is an electroretinography -- they put six or seven different drops in your eyes; put electrodes on your face and a "wire" (feels like a hair) inside your eyelid; and make you sit in a dark room with your eyes shut for 20 minutes before putting your head into a machine and flashing bright lights into your eyes while constantly saying, "Don't blink!" Fortunately, the technician I had let me blink every now and then, but I kept wanting to reach up and move the "hair" out of my eye before remembering that it was supposed to be there. And I asked what I was supposed to be looking at since I felt like my eyes were paralyzed. She said there was a red dot at the back. I saw three red dots and asked which one. She said there was only one in there. Wondering how this test is going to turn out....

Then I had to go down to have an MRI of my brain and optic nerve. I'm claustrophobic and was not really happy that I had to be in one of the closed-style MRIs, but they at least put some good music into my headphones so I could listen to it instead of thinking about being a large person in a small tube and hearing the magnet whirl around and around. It took about an hour and at least they confirmed that my brain is still in there, so I feel better for that.

Now comes the waiting game. Usually, they said, the results are known within 24 to 48 hours. With this being a weekend, I have no idea how long it will take. I'm just gonna relax for the rest of the evening and save my energy for tomorrow night's last theatre production.

G'nite everybody!!

No comments:

Post a Comment