Sunday, January 1, 2012

Welcome 2012! Now, don't screw it up!!

I promised that I'd start writing this blog on January 1, 2012.  And here it is, 12:59 a.m. as I'm beginning this post.  I'm nothing if not punctual.

No big party here.  The two boys enjoyed playing video games all night until midnight.  Husband fell asleep on the couch every now-and-then.  I watched television, flipping between re-runs of "The Big Bang Theory" and "Oddities."  I know....you're exhausted just from reading the massive amount of activity that went on in my house.

Am I going to try to wax poetic and be insightful right here at the start of a new year?  Heck no!  It's after 1 a.m. and I'll be lucky if I'm still conscious soon.  The "good ol' days" of staying up all night and not going to bed until after 6 a.m. the day following are LONG gone from this gal's repertoire.  If I feel inspired to write again later today, I'll do so.  For now though, dear reader(s)/myself, at least I'm keeping with my goal to post each day in 2012.

One day down.  That's twice as long as I've stuck with any type of project like this!

No comments:

Post a Comment